Thursday, January 13, 2011
Finally, Non-toxic Nail Polish - Contest Ended
I've cringed at the thought of depriving my daughter of cute, little painted finger nails but the harmful chemicals in most nail polishes are a definite concern. So I was very excited when I found Piggy Paints! Available in almost two dozen fun colors, Piggy paints contain no toxic chemicals! They are free of formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, Bisphenol A, ethyl acetate and acetone. The water-based formula has virtually no odor and is even hypoallergenic.
But the real test was how well it worked with my daughter. Piggy Paints go on just like your typical nail polish. They recommend 2-3 coats but one coat seemed to provide great coverage on her tiny fingers. The manufacturer recommends drying with a hair dryer on low setting to speed up the drying process and achieve maximum chip resistance but we let them air dry. I was pleasantly surprised at how durable the finish was. Her nails were picture perfect for over three days despite the arts and crafts, play time, and other adventures we were involved in. The polish probably would have held up even better if I had used multiple coats, their non-toxic top coat, and used the hair dryer. The polish can easily be removed with their eco-friendly, low odor Piggy Paint nail polish remover. Both the polishes and remover are made in the USA!
SAFER10L expiration February 28, 2011 & is ready for Immediate use for 10% off exclusive for your readers on anything on our Website including sale items.
If you want to try Piggy Paints for yourself, use the code SAFER10L and get 10% off anything on their website including sale items! In addition, Piggy Paints has graciously agreed to give one lucky reader a chance to win $15 in free products! Here's what you need to do:
Mandatory for entry: Hop on over to Piggy Paints and tell me what your favorite color is.
For extra entries (leave a comment for each):
1. Follow my blog
2. Follow Safer Choices on Facebook
3. Follow Safer_Choices on Twitter and tweet the following: "Enter to win $15 in Piggy Paints non-toxic nail polish at SaferChoices.blogspot.com". Be sure to leave your twitter name in your comment.
4. Blog about this giveaway and link to saferchoices.blogspot.com and leave the link to your post in the comment.
5. “Like” Piggy Paints on Facebook and leave a comment with "Go to saferchoices.blogspot.com for your chance to win $15 in Piggy Paints!"
6. Follow Piggy Paints on Twitter and Tweet the following: "Go to saferchoices.blogspot.com for your chance to win $15 in Piggy Paints!"
Good luck and this giveaway will end on Feb 14th! Winner will be announced Feb16th!