Tuesday, August 9, 2011
"Green" Dining - GIVEAWAY
I was excited to hear that Green Toys had come out with a new line of tableware for kids called Green Eats. We love their toys and couldn't wait to try their new products. We received some divided plates and some tumblers. I was happy to see that they lived up to the same quality I've come to expect from Green Toys. Not only are they BPA and Phthalate-free, they also contain no melamine and are made in the USA. All Green Toys products are made of 100% Recycled Plastic Milk containers or HDPE - high density polyethylene. This produces a safe product and also saves energy, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, and minimizes carbon footprint. What more can you ask for? I'll tell you: in addition to being safe and earth-friendly they are also dishwasher safe - a huge plus in our busy household!
The tumblers are a good size for children, but the colors - yellow, green, orange, and blue - are so vibrant that I can't help but want to use one, too.
The divided plates are divided into three sections. This is perfect for teaching portion size - the two small sections for the protein and the starch and the large section for fruits and veggies. It's never too early to teach about a healthy diet! Another huge perk is that these plates keep the food separated - great for children who don't like their foods to touch. But what's key in our book is that these are great for children, like my son, who love to throw the plate when finished. No more having to worry about broken plates!
The only thing that should be noted is that these are not safe for use in the microwave. Not really a concern for me but if it is in your home, you'll appreciate that the Green Toys products are marked on the bottom to let you know that they are not microwavable but they are dishwasher safe. I end up hand-washing so many items that aren't marked if they are "dishwasher safe" so I think that's a great feature.
Also available are plates, snack plates, bowls, snack bowls, spoons and forks, divided trays and tabletop sets (plate, bowl, and tumbler).
The verdict? Once again, Green Toys provides a product that is a safer choice for my children and yet earth friendly! Want to try them for yourself?
One lucky Safer Choices reader will WIN a a set of Grean Eats!
1. Head over to Green Toys and leave a comment here telling me another Green Eats product that you like. Make sure to leave your email address in the comment (used only to contact the winner).
Extra Entries (leave separate comments for each):
2. "Like" SaferChoices and Green Toys on Facebook. Leave your Facebook name in the comment.
3. Blog about this giveaway and link to www.greentoys.com and saferchoicesblog.com and leave the link to your post in the comment.
4. Follow Safer_Choices on Twitter and Tweet this giveaway (CAN BE RETWEETED ONCE A DAY FOR DAILY ENTRIES – Just leave the link to the tweet itself each day in the comments): Enter to #WIN Green Eats Tableware from @GreenToys on @Safer_Choices! #giveaway ends 8/31 http://tinyurl.com/3kvp84z
5. Follow me on Google Friend Connect! Just click on the "Join this site with Google Friends Connect" button on the top, right side of this page (under the search box and the Facebook "Like" button).
This giveaway ends 8/31 at 11:59pm (EST). The winner will be chosen using random.org and announced on this post. US entries only please.