Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Safer Gift


This post is a little off topic but I wanted to share an idea. Everybody is always stumped when it comes to what gifts to buy my family for birthdays, Christmas, etc. They know I am very particular about what comes into our home since I'm trying to keep it as toxin-free as possible and that limits the standard gift ideas like Barbies and Mr. Potato Head. My husband and I have a hard time coming up with ideas since we have enough toys and we have a small home so we don't need more clutter. But we came up with a great idea that I wanted to share: Memberships to museums, zoos, science centers and the like offer great opportunities for learning and making memories! We have a membership to the zoo, which also gives us free or discounted passes to other venues. We can enjoy a nice family outing and we are even able to take in our own lunches to keep things BPA-free and organic during our visit!

What are some of your favorite "out of the box" safer-gift ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment